Did you buy into the 11/11/11 hoopla? Because it pretty much seemed like any other day to me…
- in her shoes by Bianca Juarez. People have asked me why I have a key in profile picture on Twitter & Facebook – it is in support of the A21 Campaign. It is an organization striving to abolish slavery in the 21st century. Bianca works for the campaign, and in this post she tells a woman’s heartbreaking story. One that is far too common.
- Let Me Be Something by Sarah Markley. “If I never LIVED, I’d never have risk. Living, at it’s very nature, IS risk.” Is there risk in your life? If not, maybe you aren’t really living!
- we have a voice by Alece Ronzino. Alece compiled a list of awesome, influential women. It is so inspiring to see all these ladies together in this post. Check it out – did she miss anyone that you think should have been on the list?
- I Am The Vulture by Mohan Karulkar on POTSC. No, that isn’t a typo. I meant to write Vulture, not Walrus. Are you a vulture, waiting for the next scandal to pounce? Kim Kardashian, JoePa, Herman Cain…do you participate in the attack?
- It’s Not About Happy Valley by Megan Tietz. Megan calls for us to realize that the Penn State scandal isn’t about football. It is about sexual abuse. If you are a parent, how do you protect your children? And if you are an adult responsible for the care of children, how do you keep yourself above reproach?
- Sharing the Hallelujah by Mandy Steward on Deeper Story. I shared this post on my Facebook page this week, because it spoke to me so much. Her words are beautiful. “Grace is not about giving people what we want them to want.” – please, go read the post.
- I’ve Never Watched Porn But I’m Addicted To It by Brittany Turley on the Good Women Project. Brittany suggests that “It doesn’t even have to be explicit. If you are using something to feed into your sex drive and achieve sexual excitement, that’s porn. And it will destroy you.” Are you addicted to porn without even knowing it?
- He’s Just Not That Into You…Or Is He by Cory Copeland. Most of the links this week are a little deeper, so I wanted to add this one in last. Mostly because Cory uses two One Tree Hill references (one of which I don’t get) and a Friends reference. But also because it is good advice. Guys, do you agree with him?